Costs remain hidden from the Players. You (the GM) know what they are, but the players should not. If the spells are ever reduced to a simple cost/benefit analysis, then they shall cease to seem dangerous, scary, and unknowable.
BANISHMENT OF THE NORTHERN WIND
(To postpone the threat of the Old God for a period of 47 Years, this ritual must be performed. Descriptions of the ritual can be found in the Wizard's Observation Tower, the Lighthouse, the Witch's Hut, or the hidden safe within the Devart Mansion.)
The Banishment Requires the following reagents:
- One who is to be betrothed, anointed with the Ritual of Purity.
- Thirty three Petoskey Stones, arranged in a circle containing a triangle. Twenty seven form the circle. Six form the triangle.
- Three wind chimes made from goats bones, hoisted on branches of wind-fallen trees and arranged at the points of the triangle.
- An ordained priest if on land, or a ship's captain if on the water, who is to speak the magic words of the ritual: "A'aqur harbath..."
- Overload the network, tripping circuit breakers and shutting down all power within a city block's distance.
- Gain vision of an entire security network's cameras. If desired feed false images into the security feed.
- Audibly hear any cell phone calls and texts within 1 mile.